Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 29: A Chapter Completed

Day 29: Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Last day in Iquitos…for now.
Since my sleep has been quite limited lately, I tried to sleep in this morning so hopefully I won’t be completely miserable on my overnight flight.

The rest of the day was primarily spent packing and updating my blog – for y’all! Oh we did have a staff lunch to welcome Kerryn whose gonna be here for 6 months and to say goodbye to the interns (of which I’m the first to leave).

I was surprised when the boys (John and Daniel) said they wanted to take me to the airport too. They’re and interesting duo. In all, Sarah, Becky, and the guys all took me to the airport. I got to ride on Becky’s motorcycle one last time. There were a few people at the base that I didn’t get to say goodbye to, which made me a little sad.

My flight to Iquitos was delayed about an hour. Delayed an hour and a half from Lima. Sweet little fourteen year old next to me on the Lima-Miami flight thought I was sixteen. LOL! Sleep wasn’t great or plentiful but I got an inter-mitten few minutes of sleep even being next to the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment